Much like a few particularly well-known classic European condensers, the 4400a is a true all-rounder. You can put it up on just about anything and it'll sound great. Unfortunately for many studio owners, those "classic condensers" are often not what they used to be. Capsule designs change over time, capacitors dry out, metal switches are replaced with plastic buttons and LEDs, and the mics that were once so versatile are now mere shadows of their former selves.
the 4400a sounds great on everything. Vocals, guitars, toms, overheads, classical pianos, strings, you name it. Its tonal versatility is practically unmatched, without the shortcomings of vintage mics.
As with all sE mics, the 4400a's back-to-back brass-ringed capsules are hand-built and hand-tuned by our skilled technicians, just like any fine musical instrument.
CUSTOM SHOCKMOUNT + CHASSIS
The flat, round-edged chassis design and custom suspension mount allow the mic to be centered within the shock, flipped around and used flat against a drum head or guitar cab, or angled outwards and pushed through inside of a kick drum. And at less than 3/4" thick, it fits neatly in the palm of your hand, but is built to take a beating on the road.
The mic has a unique, black, non-reflective, non-marking, rubberized finish which is ideal for live stage, theatre, TV and broadcast applications which require lighting.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 32mm Twin Gold/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid, Hyper Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL: 122/132/142 dB (0/-10/-20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB
- Self Noise: 16 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 60/120 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10/-20 dB
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power requirement: 48V phantom
- Weight: 280g